Sunday, February 26, 2012

Burberry february 2012 ad campaign, featured items and behind the scenes

4b

Burberry`s Spring/Summer 2012 ad campaign features British cast Eddie Redmayne and Cara Delevingne.

4b2

"We wanted to capture a moment in the lives of two exciting and inspiring British actors who have been part of the Burberry family for several years. The images reflect the mood of the collection through Eddie's and Cara's energy, playfulness and effortless elegance and I have such huge admiration for them both." explains Christopher Bailey.

3b

Eddie Redmayne has already been featured in the Burberry Spring/Summer 2008 ad campaign.

3b2

Cara Delevingne has been featured in the Spring/Summer 2011 ad campaign and Burberry Beauty campaign, as well as Burberry Prorsum runway shows.

2b

“I have worked with Burberry before and it’s always a fantastic experience. Christopher wanted something playful from the shoot and so Cara and I had a genius couple of days fooling around. Hopefully the enjoyment we had is reflected in the campaign.” tells Eddie Redmayne.

2b2

Asked about Christopher Bailey, Cara says: "As a designer I think Christopher is one of the best. In addition, as a person, he is also the kindest, most easy going, funny, talented and creative person I have had the pleasure to work with. He makes my job so enjoyable and I always leave work with a smile on my face. Burberry is the quintessential British label and also one of the most innovative and forward thinking, I love it."

1b

Eddie adds: “I am a huge fan of Christopher Bailey. He is a brilliant designer and a brilliant man. The fashion world can be a tad intimidating but Christopher remains a kind, grounded gem of a man.

1b2

Behind the Scenes

5 Behind the Scenes

Shot in London, the campaign reinforces the brand’s heritage in protection from the weather, showcasing outerwear including trench coats and parkas.

6 Behind the Scenes

The ad campaign was shot by Mario Testino.

7 Behind the Scenes

Cara had fun shooting the campaign; "This is my second season doing Burberry and once again I am so happy to be involved with such an amazing campaign. This time round there is only Eddie and I so with Mario and Christopher we got to play around more with ideas and storylines. As always I had such a good time and was very sad when it was over."

8 Behind the Scenes
© Copyright Burberry/Testino

How do you like the campaign? Which are your favourite items?

2 comments:

  1. I like the campaign but i trully love the collection.

    P.S. "Jen, from now you are on my blogroll."

    Regards, Emanuel.
    www.modasicevamaimult.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Emanuel - nice campaign but the clothes are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete